Lamb and Marinade
- 900 grams lamb cubes for skewers (1 ½ in x 1 ½ in)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil and canola oil
- 10 inch bamboo skewer
Honey and Lavender Veal Stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) light veal stock
- ¼ cup (60 ml) multi-flower honey
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) lavender seeds
- Plain yogurt
- Baba ghanoush or hummus
- Pine nuts or pistachios
- Coriander leaves
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- During this time, bring the veal stock mixed with the honey to a boil and reduce by half.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the lavender seeds.
- Heat for 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Preheat the BBQ grill and place 5 cubes of lamb on each skewer.
- Lightly baste the lamb skewers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Baste the lamb skewers with the seasoned veal stock throughout cooking and at the end.
- Garnish a plate with baba ghanoush and place a skewer on top. Then top it off with some honey, nuts and coriander leaves. Serve with plain yogurt.
To enjoy the meal at its best, do not fully cook the lamb but rather eat it while still pink.