- 1 cauliflower cut into florets – around 2 cups (500 ml)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) quinoa
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dried currants
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red onion, in thin strips
- ½ cup (125 ml) Granny Smith apple, in thin strips
- ¼ cup (65 ml) unsalted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (65 ml) goat feta cheese
- 1 pinch of coriander (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) clover honey
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) olive oil and canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp (25 ml) powdered turmeric
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) pepper
- ¼ Tbsp (4 ml) salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Let cool.
- During this time, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette and put aside.
- Mix the cauliflower, cold quinoa, red onion, currants, apple and vinaigrette together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Before serving, sprinkle with sunflower seeds, feta cheese, and coriander leaves.