- 1 pound of any white fish filet you prefer (Turbot, sole, cod…)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil and a little more for cooking the fish
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. buckweat honey
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Extra cilantro, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp of oil, lime juice, honey, lime zest, and garlic.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- On a large shallow plate, place fish filets, and drizzle marinade over them.
- Cover with plastic food wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
After one hour, take out the fish out of the fridge.
- In a large frying pan, on medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
Once the oil is hot, add the filets to the pan and cook until golden for approximately 3 minutes.
- Flip the fish, cook another 3 minutes until cooked through.
- You’ll know the fish is cooked when the flesh falls apart easily (test with a fork).
- Break up the cooked fish into pieces and place on corn tortillas.
- Top each taco with shredded cabbage, avocado, and cilantro. Serve warm.